1. iOS 4.2 will soon be in the hands of millions of customers around the world. Make sure that your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch apps incorporate all the exciting features in iOS 4.2, including:
2. Multitasking - Multitasking services allow your apps to perform tasks in the background including playing audio, push notifications, receiving location change events, and more.
3. Game Center - With the Game Kit API, you can implement Game Center functionality such as submitting and displaying achievements, scores, and leaderboards, and establishing multiplayer games.
4. AirPrint - iOS 4.2 allows you to easily enable instant wireless printing from your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch apps.
5. Submit Your Apps Today
6. Build, test, compile, and submit your apps for review using iOS 4.2 SDK GM seed so they can be ready when iOS 4.2 is available to users around the world.
Check out interview with Christopher Allen about present and future movement of iPhone Development, and of course about iAppContest
During iPhoneDevCamp I was interviewing Christopher Allen, who is one of the leaders of the iPhone Web Developer community. He is the host of iphonewebdev.com which is the largest community of iPhone-based web developers anywhere, and manages its mailing list. He also helped to organize iPhoneDevCamp and oversaw its Hack-a-thon. Christopher is a longtime technologist, and is also a leader in social software and was one of the authors of TLS, the next-generation SSL protocol.
Co-author of iPhone in Action.Introduction to Web and SDK Development Second edition of this book is now available